Stealing this from Emily who stole it from somebody who stole it from somebody else and we’re all just a bunch of thieves, okay?
The hair and I are still getting acquainted. You know what you forget when your hair is long? How much of it you have. I know that sounds ass backwards, but when my hair is long a good 70% of the time I’m just throwing it in a ponytail. Now, I’m forced to deal with all of it. It’s also stupidly thick, despite the fact that she thinned the hell out of it. Also, thank you all you lovely complementary people. I’m 99% sure the next time I go in I’ll be going full pixie.
Also, I went to the doctor yesterday and scrapped the meds I was on because every single side effect that they could have? I HAD. Plus, it was just not working. We are now team Lexapro. Which thankfully, since I don’t have any sort of insurance, is super cheap. So, appendages crossed that it works. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing.
So, on to 48 things you didn’t care to know, but I’m forcing you to learn anyway. Weeee!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My middle name, Rebecca, is for my mom’s sister, my aunt Becky who died when she was a teen. I was also almost named Golnar after my dad’s sister, who also died when she was young, before they settled on Shireen.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
3am Saturday. See aforementioned non-working antidepressants.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Eh, every now and then.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
If I say George Weasley, will this seal my #foreveralone status?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
At this moment in time? Eh, probably not. (Wompwomp, I know)
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
What is this sarcasm you speak of?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes? I honestly don’t know the answer to this, but I’m going to assume I’d remember if someone had taken them from me.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
There is a part of me that wants to say yes. But there is another part that freaks the fuck out if I have to park at the top of a parking garage that says hell no. I did jump off a bridge and I have cliff jumped before, so. There’s that.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Multi-grain Cheerios. One of every kind, you can’t go wrong.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
That seems like an awful lot of extra work.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I don’t want to brag, but I did beat my 6 year old godson finger wrestling the other day.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Mint chocolate chip.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Are they wearing anything I would like to wear?
15. RED OR PINK?
Red. According to my mother, it’s my color. You know, the color of whores.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
You want me to pick one thing? That’s adorable.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Sappy answer: my grandma Mimi who died when I was seven. By all accounts the lady was awesome and it sucks that I didn’t get to know her better. Non-sappy answer: NSYNC. Boys, it’s reunion time.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Being a human.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Giantass blueberry muffin. The only place blueberries have any business being.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
HANDS UH-UH-UH UP! I PUT MY HANDS UH-UH-UH UP!
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Black. *whispers* like my heart. Or to steal Em’s answer, grass green.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Honey suckle, the rain, chlorine from an indoor pool.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Both, please and thank you.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Swimming and college basketball
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
Brown. It’s all very monotone up on my head.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
False. I am highly opposed to sticking my fingers in my eyes on purpose.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Persian. Hands off my tahdig.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings? That’s adorable. Scary movies all the way.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Pitch Perfect. Please, hide your shock. Although, sadly I don’t own it yet.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black. *whispers* like my heart
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
My Aunt Connie’s apple pie.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Cardio, but please know that I need at least two other people to be there so I can be shamed into actually doing more than three minutes.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
I can watch tv on my computer. Your mind is blown, right?
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Twelve by Justin Cronin.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
What’s a mouse pad?
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
Rain against my window. The slap of the water from a flip-turn. My godson’s giggle.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
All of them. Except country. Your dog died. Your wife cheated on you and then left you. Your car broke down. WE GET IT. Also, T-Swift, the ear terrorist.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Iran, but it’s been far too long since I left the country. Hell, it’s been far too long since I left the state.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Super special powers of womp.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Depends on the room. Yellow in the living room, green in the bathroom, purple in the bedroom.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
White. And no, Jessica, it’s not racist.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
I think the better question is did you like reading 48 questions?